2013 is almost over and it’s time to review this year. Some of my achievements during traveling this year:
- 6 new countries visited in 2013 : China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Portugal, Thailand, Vietnam
- All in all I’ve been to 10 countries this year
- Backpacking alone first time in my life
- Couchsurfing first time in my life
- Learning basics of Mandarin
- Childhood dream about living in China – check!
- Seeing PANDAS in China in Bifengxia and Chengdu – check!
- Open-water diving certification – check!
- New hobbies found this year: diving, yoga, orienteering
- Volunteering as English teacher in China – check!
- Meeting many awesome people – oh yes, definitely check!
- Jumping with kite – check!
- Walking on “walk of faith” (glass pavement on 4690ft/1,429km) –check!
- Diving in caves and going on a surface from the underwater caves – check!
- Enjoying Copenhagen’s street festival Distortion with my best friend – check!
- Internship in China – check! Internship exam – check!
- Rock climbing – check!
And that’s not it.. I could write so many more things to this list!
Well I must admit this year seems to be once again the best year I’ve had so far! Let’s see if it’s possible to beat it next year 😉
And now a small review about my favorite travel destinations this year:
1) China!!! – July-October 2013
Nothing can beat China! So far the very best country for traveling! Full of adventures, unexpectable situations, mysterious culture and wonders.
Chinese people are sincere, they are not after your money (like vietnamese) and it’s just incredible how helpful and friendly they are. Besides that it’s easy to travel in China once you know your way around there, it’s also cheap and seems like there are so many amazing places that you could travel there forever. Oh and of course food!!! Delicious! And the best of China are definitely PANDAS! (L)
2) Hong Kong – October 2013
Hong Kong has it all and a bit more <- that’s damn true. Skyscrapers, fancy shops and clubs, cool architecture, delicious food, fishing villages, mountains, beaches and much more. It’s full of diversity! I really enjoyed seeing how west and east meet in Hong Kong, really an amazing place!
3) Vietnam – October-November 2013
Vietnam is definitely the most touristic country where I’ve ever been but nevertheless it’s a wonderful country with a long coastline, jungles, mountains, rice fields and wonderful food. It’s a total paradise for backpackers thanks to cheap prices. My favorite places in Vietnam were probably Halong Bay, Mui Ne and kitesurfing, Nha Trang with crazy nightlife and diving. But unfortunately I have to admit that this country could never be my favorite place in Asia because of the locals. It’s so true that it’s full of locals who want to sell you stuff absolutely everywhere and they are mainly friendly only if you buy something from them.
4) Thailand – November 2013
Yet another Asian country full of tourists. Once again cheap and easy for backpackers to travel there but you could never have as crazy and unexpected situations as in China. But on the other hand Thailand has amazingly beautiful beaches and great opportunities for diving.
5) Les Deux Alpes, France – March 2013
Snowboarders and skiers paradise! Alpes are and will always be amazing. Mountains, lots of snow, after-ski bars, sunbathing while snowboarding and of course those incredible views!!!
6) Lisbon, Portugal – January 2013
Lisbon is definitely one of my favorite cities in Europe. The city is built next to the coastline, streets are cute and narrow, most of the buildings are built on the hillsides where’s really a great views to the city. All in all Architecture, History, Street art, Food, Cheese, Wine and Atmosphere are the main keywords of Lisbon!
7) Singapore – October 2013
I spent only 19hours in Singapore but from what I saw I could say that Marina Bay is really worth seeing, Little India is a perfect place for shopping and eating and Singapore is really alive at nights.
It’s most probably my last post this year… so have a great New Years Eve everybody and thanks for following me :))